Care Home 21/02459/OUT – 1-5 King Edward Drive Chessington KT9 1DW
There has been an outline planning application submitted to RBK to demolish 1-5 King Edward Drive ( 5 substantial sized residential properties) to erect a three-storey, Barchester Homes 76 bedroom residential care facility
This application will affect residents of Kelvin Grove the most. Therefore, one of our Executive Committee members attended a meeting that the residents of Kelvin Grove held to better understand what their concerns were. Their main concerns were:-
- Loss of good family homes
- Possible intrusion of privacy for the Kelvin Grove residents
- Shortage of parking spaces
- Concerns about the ingress and egress into Kelvin Grove from the Ace of Spades
- Flooding from surface water which runs from Elmcroft Drive, under the A243 into a culvert in Kelvin Grove
- Public transport only goes south and north and there is no train station nearby. Consequently visitors and staff will need to use their cars
- They questioned whether or not there is a real need for another care home.
Our residents association took these concerns on board and submitted their comments to RBK planning department. You can read them below.